Here are our two new outstanding honorees for 2015 –
WILLA DUNLEAVY, Executive Director of the Fort Worth Youth Orchestra, was presented the Bayard H. Friedman Hero Award last Saturday night, March 21. We appreciate so much the tremendous music opportunities she provides young, eligible musicians for this metroplex to prepare and participate in very fine public concerts locally, and represent Fort Worth abroad!!
Also honored was HANS GRIM, Choral Teacher at the FWISD’s Northside High School. Hans is a very dedicated, talented leader in his field, and contributes a great deal towards educating and inspiring area high schoolers!
We greatly appreciate the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra for their collaboration and superb entertainment in making these presentations possible and so memorable!! Suann Guthrie and Carl Stroud represented XTO Energy, a subsidiary of ExxonMobil, in presenting our two Heroes both with $1,000 honorariums.
November 22, 2014 – SEANNA MUHITCH, a 2nd grader at ST. ELIZABETH ANN SETON CATHOLIC SCHOOL, won the 2014 TEXAS READING BEE CHAMPIONSHIPS COMPETITION reading at a college junior level! Seanna is a very bright, outstanding young lady, and we were proud to present her with a new Go-Kart, I-Pad, EECU savings bond, and many other grand prizes!
Represented on November 22 were the READING BEE Champs from 31 private schools/districts in North Texas, who all walked away with more-than-an-armload of prizes! These unique, one-of-a-kind competition championships are held annually on the Texas Christian University campus. The other top winners are as follows: Runner up – Alexis Boehmler, St. Andrew’s Catholic School; 3rd Place – Hannah Clower, Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD; 4th Place – Gavin Gutierrez, Granbury ISD; 5th Place – Marlee Caudle, Cleburne ISD.
We are very proud of every single champ, HERO teacher/judge, and Half Price Books who prepared and contributed in their own way to make this event possible!!!! To be highly commended is our leading Reading Czar, Diana Schwartz, who recently retired from Cleburne ISD and now does consulting. Ever looking toward the future, teachers and Reading Coordinators are already preparing first graders in the metroplex to compete in this fun, free to the public, prestigious competition to be held in the fall of 2015!
For more information, contact the executive director of Score A Goal in the Classroom, ERNIE HORN, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONGRATULATIONS to all these outstanding Education Heroes who serve our communities’ students, grades K – 12!! The following were selected the best of their class in North Texas to win the 2014 HERO Award:
1) March 1 – Gary McKinney, Eagle Mt.-Saginaw ISD – Agricultural Science Teacher
2) March 7 – Bryan Priddy, Ft. Worth ISD – Coach
3) March 23 - Wendell Ivory, Ft. Worth ISD – Coach
4) May 3 – Jennifer Nicholson, Ft. Worth ISD – Math Teacher
5) May 16 - Omar Ramos, Fort Worth ISD – Principal
6) May 22 – Jessica Owens, Covenant Christian Academy – Drama Teacher
7) May 24 – Ernest Colvin, Ft. Worth ISD – Instrumental Music Teacher
8) June 21 – Charles Williams, Ft. Worth ISD – Custodian
9) Nov. 12 – Karey Moore, Aledo ISD – Chemistry Teacher
10) Nov. 29 – Elaine Thomas, Dallas ISD – Music – Fine Arts
11) Dec. 6 – Sharon Masoud, Ft. Worth ISD – School Nurse
12) Dec. 14 – Faye Daniels, Ft. Worth ISD – Administrative Assistant
THANKS to our generous hosts (respectfully listed by number below) and XTO Energy-Exxon Mobil for making these presentations possible:
1) Tarrant County Junior Livestock Show; 2) Bass Hall; 3) Dallas Mavericks game; 4) TCU Baseball game; 5) Safe Communities; 6) Casa Manana Betty Buckley Awards; 7) Bass Hall/Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra; 8) Lone Star Park; 9) Shrine Circus; 10) Dallas Ballet at the Winspear Theater; 11) TCU Football game; 12) Bass Hall/Fort Worth Performing Arts
Score A Goal In The Classroom Board of Directors member, Walter Dansby, presented “The Best Is Yet to Come” HERO Awards to three outstanding Fort Worth ISD principals on February 13, 2015: Lear Linton, Carroll Peak Elementary; Keith Besses, Van Zandt Guinn Elementary; and Dr. Marion Mouton at Edward J. Briscoe Elementary. Each honoree also received well-deserved cash honorariums. We applaud them for their excellent leadership!!
We are honored to serve all of the North Texas schools! Our next monthly meeting will be April 15 -2015 at St. Paul Lutheran Church at the corner of Summit Avenue and I-30, at 6:15 p.m. We hope to see YOU!
Hero Procedures Are you a K – 12 grade educator and wish to nominate an outstanding candidate to receive the Bayard H. Friedman Award at an upcoming public event? Please see the attached information, and be sure to attend the Score A Goal In The Classroom monthly meetings at St. Paul Lutheran Church at 5:15 p.m. on the 3rd Wednesday of every month to learn more.
You may also call the office at 817-429-4024 for more information